Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Czech Republic

January 1, 1993 Czechoslovakia peacefully dissolved into two constituent states, the Czech Republic and Slovakia.

Situated on the Vltava River, Prague has been the political, cultural and economic center of the Czech state for more than 1,100 years. For many decades during the Gothic and Renaissance eras, Prague was the permanent seat of two Holy Roman Emperors and thus was also the capital of the Holy Roman Empire.

I plan to travel to Prague, the capital of the Czech Republic to visit my heritage.

I've always wanted to go to the Czech Republic and see what it was like where my great grandparents came from. If I have time, I also plan to travel to Slovakia for a short day trip to see that as well.




1 comment:

  1. It's interesting that you want to visit the Czech Republic so you can see where your great grandparents came from. I've always wanted to visit Germany because that's where part of my ancestry is from. I think exploring the Czech Republic will help you find yourself, especially since it's in your heritage.

    ReplyDelete